Many different awards have been presented at FACSS's meeting and continue to be presented at the SciX conference. These awards can be separated in two broad categories, the awards presented by FACSS, the federation, and awards of the member organizations presented at FACSS / SciX meetings. Click on each link to find out more about each award.
Awards of the Member Organizations
These awards are presented by the member organizations of FACSS to outstanding scientists in analytical chemistry and spectroscopy at meetings presented by FACSS. Awards symposia are organized at those meeting to highlight the awardee’s contributions to science. More information on the awards is given in the links below
- The ANACHEM Award is presented annually by ANACHEM to an outstanding analytical chemist based on activities in teaching, research, administration or other activity which has advanced the art and science of the field. Presented annually at SciX.
- The Applied Spectroscopy William F. Meggers Award is given to the author(s) of the outstanding paper appearing in Applied Spectroscopy by SAS. Presented annually at SciX.
- The Ellis R. Lippincott Award is given by OSA, SAS and the Coblentz Society to a scientist who has made significant contributions to vibrational spectroscopy. Presented frequently at SciX.
- The Lester W. Strock Award is given by the New England Section of the Society of Applied Spectroscopy (SAS) in recognition of a selected publication of substantive research in/or application of analytical atomic spectrochemistry in the fields of earth science, life sciences, or stellar and cosmic sciences. Presented annually at SciX.
- The Craver Award is given by the Coblentz Society to recognize young individuals who have made significant contributions in applied analytical vibrational spectroscopy. Presented annually at SciX.
- SAS Student Poster Awards - SAS organizes a special poster session for SAS student members during SciX
- William G. Fateley Student Award - The William G. Fateley Student Award is given by the Coblentz Society annually at SciX or another suitable location to recognize outstanding contributions to vibrational spectroscopy during a current Ph.D. program. The inaugural award was present in 2010 in Raleigh, NC at FACSS’s annual meeting.
- ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Award for Distinguished Service in the Advancement of Analytical Chemistry Sponsored by Waters.
- Joseph A. Black Award presented by the Royal Society of Chemistry.