FACSS Governing Board
The FACSS Governing Board is responsible for the execution of the objectives of FACSS. This board is composed of delegates from the member organizations, the Executive Committee of FACSS, all SciX Conference Chairpersons and all Governing Board committee members. The member organizations are allocated a permanent number of delegate(s). The allocation of delegates is as follows:
- One (1) delegate for the AES Electrophoresis Society
- Two (2) delegates for the Division of Analytical Chemistry, American Chemical Society (ACS)
- One (1) delegate for the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
- Two (2) delegates for the Association of Analytical Chemists, Inc. (ANACHEM)
- One (1) delegate for the Austrian Society of Analytical Chemistry (ASAC)
- Two (2) delegates for the Coblentz Society
- One (1) delegate for the Council for Near Infrared Spectroscopy (CNIRS)
- One (1) delegate for the International Society for Automation (ISA), Analysis Division
- One (1) delegate for the International Society for Clinical Spectroscopy (CLIRSPEC)
- One (1) delegate for the Infrared and Raman Discussion Group (IRDG)
- One (1) delegate for the North American Society for Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (NASLIBS)
- One (1) delegate for the Royal Society of Chemistry, Analytical Division (RSC)
- Three (3) delegates for the Society for Applied Spectroscopy (SAS)
- One (1) delegate for the Society for Archaeological Sciences (SAS or SocArchSci)
- One (1) delegate for the Spectroscopical Society of Japan (SpSJ)
An additional 1 delegate position is rotated between SAS, the Coblentz Society, and ACS AD over a 3 year cycle (1 year, SciX to Pittcon, for each organization).
The governing board delegates represent their respective member organizations at FACSS meetings and are ultimately responsible for communicating FACSS activities to their respective member organizations.
In all voting matters, votes are allocated as: 2 votes from the FACSS Executive Committee; 3 from the SciX General, Program, and Exhibits Chairpersons; plus the 21 delegates from the member organizations. This voting distribution ensures that each of the member organizations has a voice in the actions and directions of the federation and that the federation's action represents the consensus opinion of the member organizations.
Below will be posted a full list of the member organization delegates to the FACSS Governing board at SciX 2019. These individuals represent the societies that are listed alongside their name.